Location: Manchester, M22
Our client based in Manchester is looking for an experienced Operating Department Practitioner ODP to join their expanding Hospital team. Working with the clinical team you will provide an excellent level of care to their patients to ensure a speedy recovery post surgery.
Support the Clinical Lead and Clinical team in the provision of care to their surgical patients. You will be involved in all stages of perioperative care ensuring safety and excellence of care for patients. The Operating Department Practitioner must have a valid HCPC registration.
• Responsible for patient journey through surgery
• Support patients providing individualised care prior to surgery
• Provide support to patients once they enter recovery
• Be responsible for equipment, swabs and instruments during surgery
• Ensure the patient receives exceptional care whilst recovering from anaesthesia and surgery
• Use equipment to monitor patient health
• Assess the patient to ensure they are ready for discharge
The ideal candidate
• Must have a clinical background and a valid HCPC registration
• Must have a BSc in Operating Department Practice or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role and setting
• Right to work in the UK
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Must be able to provide 5 years of satisfactory references pertinent to the role
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience working within a surgical environment.
• Possess excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
• A positive person with a passion for people and care
• ASL training would be a distinct advantage
• Advanced Practitioner skills
• All mandatory certificates up to date
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Take pride in your work, exceptional attention to detail and reliability are essential.
• Flexibility is a must due to the surgical aspect of the role – you may be required to work extended shifts as patient care requires.
Free Parking, 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays
£27,000 - £31,668 dependent on experience and hours worked
Job type: Permanent
Get in touch
0800 031 4233
Looking for a new job? It can be difficult to know where to get started, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to have a proper chat about what you’re looking for.