Location: Manchester, M22
Our client based in Manchester is looking for an experienced Scrub Nurse to join their expanding Hospital team. Working with the clinical team you will provide an excellent level of care to their patients to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Support the Clinical Lead and Clinical team in the provision of care to their surgical patients. With a hands on approach you will ensure all patients receive the highest standards of care. The Scrub Nurse must have a valid NMC PIN.
• Responsible for patient admission to surgery and ensuring they are checked against the notes and theatre list
• Assist the surgeons during surgical procedures, adhering to Theatre Practice Work Based Competency
• Ensure equipment auditing is completed in line with company policies and procedures
• Data and clinical report interpretation
• Support junior members of the team as required
• Develop, implement and audit protocols and guidelines alongside the clinical team to ensure best practice at all times.
• (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’
• Ensure patient identification, verification policies are adhered to, maintaining patient safety at all times.
• Assist with sterilisation of the theatres and equipment post surgery
The ideal candidate
• Must have a clinical background and a valid NMC PIN
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a nurse in a similar setting
• Right to work in the UK
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Must be able to provide 5 years of satisfactory references pertinent to the role
• Sound knowledge and experience working within a surgical environment would be desirable
• Possess excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
• A positive person with a passion for people and care
• ASL training would be a distinct advantage
• Advanced Practitioner skills and experience in theatre settings
• All mandatory certificates up to date
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Take pride in your work, exceptional attention to detail and reliability are essential.
• Flexibility is a must due to the surgical aspect of the role – you may be required to work extended shifts as patient care requires.
Free Parking, 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays
£27,000 - £31,668 dependent on experience and hours worked
Job type: Permanent
Get in touch
0800 031 4233
Looking for a new job? It can be difficult to know where to get started, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to have a proper chat about what you’re looking for.