Location: Manchester, M22
Our client is looking for an experienced Ward Registered Nurse RGN to join their expanding Hospital team based in Manchester. Working with the clinical team you will provide an excellent level of care to their patients both pre and post op, ensuring their stay is as comfortable as can be.
Support the Clinical Lead and Clinical team in the provision of pre-operative and post-operative care for patients. With a hands on approach you will ensure all patients receive the highest standards of care. The Ward Registered Nurse RGN must have a valid NMC PIN.
• Responsible for drug administration.
• Assess, plan and implement care plans for patients and relatives independently.
• Responsible for maintaining comprehensive, up to date and accurate records.
• Data and clinical report interpretation
• Support junior members of the team as required
• Develop, implement and audit protocols and guidelines alongside the clinical team to ensure best practice at all times.
• Follow policy for maintaining, recording and auditing resource and medication use
• Ensure care meets the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’
• Deliver high-quality care to patients with the support of the Clinical Lead
• Able to effectively manage difficult situations with tact, diplomacy and compassion, especially with patient’s friends and family
• Support quality initiatives through patient outcome evaluation
The ideal candidate
• Must have a clinical background and a valid NMC PIN
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a nurse in a similar setting
• Right to work in the UK
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Must be able to provide 5 years of satisfactory references pertinent to the role
• Sound knowledge and experience working within a surgical environment would be desirable
• Possess excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
• A positive person with a passion for people and care
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Take pride in your work, exceptional attention to detail and reliability are essential.
• Flexibility is a must due to the surgical aspect of the role – you may be required to work extended shifts as patient care requires.
Free Parking, 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays
£27,000 - £30,752 dependent on experience and hours worked
Job type: Permanent
Get in touch
0800 031 4233
Looking for a new job? It can be difficult to know where to get started, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to have a proper chat about what you’re looking for.