Location: Manchester, M22
We are looking for an experienced Ward Sister to join our client based in Manchester due to expansion. Working with the clinical team you will provide an excellent level of care to their patients to ensure the smooth running of the department.
The Ward Sister will lead by example, supporting the Clinical Lead to ensure the highest level of care for all patients. With a hands-on approach you will be a role model for the wider clinical team. The Ward Sister must have a valid NMC PIN.
• Responsible for patient care across the Surgical ward.
• Take the lead in co-ordinating and overseeing the nursing/theatre practice
• Ensure equipment auditing is completed in line with company policies and procedures
• Data and clinical report interpretation
• Support junior members of the team promoting excellence in care
• Develop, implement and audit protocols and guidelines alongside the clinical team to ensure best practice at all times.
• Ensure efficient and effective resource management to enable the wider team to deliver the high quality care expected.
The ideal candidate
• Must have a clinical background and a valid NMC PIN
• Minimum of 3 years’ management experience as a nurse in a similar setting
• Right to work in the UK
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Must be able to provide 5 years of satisfactory references pertinent to the role
• Sound knowledge and experience working within a surgical environment would be desirable
• Possess excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
• A positive person with a passion for people and care
• Advanced Practitioner skills and experience in theatre settings
• All mandatory certificates up to date
• Take pride in your work, exceptional attention to detail and reliability are essential.
• Flexibility is a must due to the surgical aspect of the role – you may be required to work extended shifts as patient care requires.
*Please not this is not a Supernumary role and you will be expected to have a hands on approach.*
Free Parking, 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays
£33,150 - £37,000 dependent on experience and hours worked
Job type: Permanent
Get in touch
0800 031 4233
Looking for a new job? It can be difficult to know where to get started, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to have a proper chat about what you’re looking for.